01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Friday, November 9, 2018

Leftovers for Dinner. #WFPBNO #BEYONDvegan #eattolose

     Opening the fridge tonight, I was faced with an abundance of leftovers of various ages all of which passed the rigors of a carefully, meticulously executed sniff test. The vintage vegetables were put out of there misery on my chopping block and joined their relatives in the soup pot; destiny realized and fulfilled. The younger, brighter, fully hydrated bearers of all my nutritional needs blended their family colors in the harmony of my salad bowl. Finally, on this cold night of the season's first snow, my plate was rounded out by hot ghost pepper chili over whole grain noodles and under a gold crown of nutritional yeast. Every essential amino acid, vitamin and mineral present and deliciously represented most palatably on my table of leftovers. Poetry on a plate!
     Ramen brown rice and millet noodles mixed with ghost pepper quinoa chili topped with nutritional yeast, my vegetable dal and a salad of romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, roasted beets, chopped green olives, bicolored bell peppers, chopped cashews, dried onion flakes, basil, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!