01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Vegan Simple G-Bombs Dinner! Gotta eat. Make it healthy! #foodismedicine #EatToLive #FullOfBeans

Simple Dinner:  Great Northern Beans with Garlic Sauce on a Whole Wheat Pita, Mixed Salad and Sweet Corn
     It occured to me that I'm making really great dinners but they are complicated with things like fresh jackfruit. Who the heck, outside of Southeast Asia and South America, every heard of that? It's not available everywhere and preparing it is very time consuming. I hate to think I'm losing your interest so let's get back to whole foods that are readily available. Everything on my plate tonight is from Kroger.
     Sweetcorn is easy! All I did was shuck it, rinse it off, wrap it in a moist paper towel and microwave it for 3 minutes. It gets really hot and is still cooking when you take it out of the oven so let it cool for about 10 minutes. There is nothing on the corn. Not even salt. It is very sweet and tender all by itself so take advantage of it. 
   The salad is just a mixed salad. Make it with any vegetables and fruits you like. I try to get my Dr. Fuhrman G-BOMBS (Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, Seeds) at least once a day.  I also like colorful salads so there is red swiss chard, yellow sweet pepper, carrots, celery, fresh parsley, romaine lettuce, white mushrooms, chickpeas and tomatoes dressed with red wine vinegar, dried onion flakes, fresh ground pepper and 4 crushed green olives.
     That delicions brown and white blob in the back of the plate that covers a whole wheat pita is great northern white beans and Quinoa seasoned with  1 Tablespoon of onion powder,and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 Tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt. I rinsed 1 pound of  the beans and put them in my pressure cooker with 1 cup of dry Quinoa and all of the above seasonings and water covering 3 inches above the beans. They were cooked at the high setting for beans for 2 hours and allowed to vent on its own. 
     The white dollop in and on the beans is my favorite savory garlic topping. I use it on beans, as a dip, in my "Tuna-ish" salad or as a sandwich spread. Here's the recipe:

CREAMY GARLIC SPREAD 


2 cups cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
4 garlic cloves
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1  teaspoon salt
1 cup aquafaba

Put everything in your blender and puree thoroughly. Store it in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Be sure to follow me, share and leave a little comment so I know you're listening!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!