01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I 💘 Quinoa.Thanksgiving Side Dish! Oil Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Kosher

Please calm down! Ten or more people  just today asked me what I'm going to eat Thanksgiving.  While I appreciate the concern, it's ironic that not 1 person ever asked me that when I used to stuff myself with all the foods that were keeping me so fat and threatening my health!
There's a long list of side dishes that are delightful, healthy and filling.

Here's an example:
Quinoa
Simple Side Dish
1 cup dry Quinoa
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 Roma tomato
3 sweet peppers chopped (red, orange, yellow)
2.5 cups water
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Plant perfect
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes 
Total time: 30 minutes
Serves 4

Add salt, pepper, tomato and vegetables to the water. Bring it to a boil. Let it cool for 5 minutes covered. Add the Quinoa. Bring it back to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmering boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes. Keep covered and let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir and serve hot.

Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!