01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Saturday, January 5, 2019

5 Full years a vegan and WFPBNO! Lentil tortillas. Gluten free, oil free, guilt free. #vegan #eattolose #foodismedicine


Lentil Tortillas
Its been 5 full years since I changed from the standard American diet to a vegan lifestyle. A few months later as I learned from my mistakes, giving up oil and processed foods, I went all in joining www.PBNSG.org (free!") and fully transformed to Whole Foods Plant Based No Oil. I wish I had been open to all this when I was younger.  I wasn't ready. It's the best thing I ever did for myself!  Starting at age 58, I weighed 284 lbs. At age 60 I was down to 184 lbs and had so much energy that I became a runner for the 1st time in my life which helped me lose an additional 10 lbs.  Now, at age 63, with no meds and the blessings of my doctor I'm  keeping my weight steady around 175 lbs,  I run 5K's at 10 minutes per mile, eat until I'm full, feel great and look younger!
  I ran 2 miles on the treadmill then did free weights and circuit training at Planet Fitness today. I came home and made these.
Lentil Tortilla with Tuna-ish Salad

Gluten free, oil free, sugar free, guilt free!
My very 1st try at lentil tortillas.
They came out great!!
Easy too....
3/4 cup of lentils soaked in 1 1/4 cups of water for 4 hours.
Throw it with the water and all into a blender with 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning and 1/4 tsp of salt.
Blend the shit out of it until it looks like pancake batter.
Use a non stick pan on medium heat.
Spread out 1/3 cup of batter into a disk on the pan.  When the steam stops (about 90 sec) flip it for another minute. I used a spatula to loosen and flip them.
Add fixings like a taco or burrito.  Go crazy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!