01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Vegan Chipotle, Quinoa, Spinach Casserole! #WFPB #glutenfree #nutfree #kosher #pareve

I was watching a cooking video that includes a recipe for a Chipotle sauce. Having no experience with that particular pepper, it got my attention. It was described
As having a very spicy, smokey flavor. Sounded good to me! I love, love, love spicy food. Heck. They named an entire chain of restaurants after one pepper so let's see what happens, right? I ran right out and bought a can. I'm so glad I did! This came out so good on my very 1st try that I needed desperately to share it with someone. I choose you!


Chipotle Spinach Quinoa Casserole
2 lbs fresh spinach wilted and chopped
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1lb extra firm tofu (optional. I like it!)
10 dates
4 TBSP’s  lemon juice
2 TBSP’s cumin
2 TBSP’s salt
¼ tsp smoked paprika
2 TBSP's dried parsley
2 TBSP's dried basil
½ cup nutritional yeast
2 chipotle peppers
1 can chickpeas drained
½ cup quinoa

    Put the tofu, chickpeas, lemon juice and peppers in a blender. Blend until creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides more than once.
    Put the spinach in a pot and pour boiling water over it until it is wilted. Strain out most of the water. Chop it up.
    Mix everything together thoroughly in a large bowl. Pour it into a 9 x 9 x 2 inch pain. Bake it for 90 minutes. Serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!