01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Friday, February 9, 2018

49 months a vegan! Filling meal of Spaghetti Squash #foodismedicine #vEGANisNOTboring


Spaghetti Squash with homemade marinara and portobello mushrooms
      I'm into this whole foods plant based no oil cooking for over 4 years and the food is never boring! This is a spaghetti squash with meatless spaghetti sauce, portobello mushrooms that I cooked in it's own juice using a non stick pan and cooking it on medium low heat.
     It's really easy and it took almost no time to prepare. All I did was cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, sprinkle on a tiny pinch of salt and that was the prep. I baked it at 350 degrees open side up in the oven for an hour. During that hour I did paper work.
     Once done I used a fork to scrape out the squash, mixed it with the sauce that I made and jarred 2 weeks ago, added the mushrooms and sprinkled on a little nutritional yeast. Season to taste with salt and pepper.


That squash was in the fridge in the garage waiting patiently for me  to do something with it for about 4 weeks uncovered. Had it been chicken, beef or fish I would have thrown it out by then. That's the great thing about veggies. Even when they are a few weeks old you can still use them. Almost nothing goes to waist! Wilted veggies usually perk back up if you soak them in water for a little while and if they don't, I cut them up, throw them in a pot and make soup!  This is not a complicated equation.
Eat your fruits and veggies, get healthy, lose weight without going hungry and save money!  What's not to like?
Think you could never give up meat and cheese?  So did I and I was wrong. Try it for a week. Anyone can do this.....even me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!