01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Vegan Gluten Free Oil Free One Pan Pasta Primivera!

Happy 2018! 
I was at Costco over the weekend and came across this gluten free chickpea pasta. I have no problems with gluten but I saw this on the shelf and thought I would try it. I wasn't disappointed! It's easy to cook and 5 times higher in protein than regular wheat pasta. Coincidently,  I was watching a video of a guy who made some changes to a Martha Stewart one pan pasta recipe and all he did was add some spinach. If that's all you have to do to make it your own, then I have it covered! The only equipment I needed was a skillet, a very sharp knife and a wooden spoon. If you want you can use this same recipe with regular spaghetti or any dry pasta. It's really easy!

Easy One Pan Pasta

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes

Servings: 2

Ingredients:
Everything in the skillet
2 Cups uncooked pasta
2 Roma tomatoes
4 Baby Portobello mushrooms
1 medium onion
1/2  of a sweet yellow pepper
1 medium Jalapeno pepper
1/3 cup of chopped fresh parsley
1 T dry basil
1 T dry oregano
1 t salt
1/8 t black pepper
2 Cups water (or vegetable stock)
Using a very sharp knife slice the veggies as thinly as you can so they will cook quickly. Put everything in the skillet and add the water. On high heat, bring it to a boil. Cook it down and stir so it cooks evenly. 



As it begins to thicken, lower the heat to simmer and continue stirring until you cook off most of the water. 

Put it on a plate and serve hot. As an option, I also sprinkled some nutritional yeast over the top. 
It makes a great main dish or a wonderful side dish. Eat! It's good for you!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!