01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas! Give yourself a gift of health ❤ #veganNOoil #eattolose #eatmoreweighless

    In 2013, age 58,  I was pre-diabetic, weighed 284 lbs, had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea and my kidneys were leaking blood; 5 red cells per high powered field. Rather than wait for a health crisis to hit, I was proactive and chose to get on board with a whole foods plant based lifestyle.
    In the first year I lost 80 lbs. By month 16 my weight was down 100 lbs without any exercise. I was no longer pre-diabetic, no longer had sleep apnea and my doctor took me off my blood pressure and cholesterol pills. My kidneys stopped leaking blood completely.
    Memorial Day of 2015 I started running. By Labor Day I was down a total of 110 lbs, comfortable running 5K and ran in my very 1st race. I won the Bronze Medal in my age group!
    January 1, 2018 will mark the beginning of my 5th year doing this. My weight is stable between 174 and 180 lbs no matter how much I eat. I am more active and weigh 5 lbs less than I did when I was 18. Going whole foods, plant based, no oil was the best health decision I ever made!
Your age doesn't matter. Anyone, and I mean EVERYONE, CAN DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!