01ReluctantVegan.Blogspot.com

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Four Years a Vegan! Happy New Year!!! #eattolose #foodISmedicine #nutritarian #WFPBnoOIL

White beans with wild rice, Zoodles stir cooked in veggie broth, Sweet orange pepper, Portobello mushrooms and Sweetcorn  


2013
     Monday, January 1, 2018 will mark the beginning of my 5th year living a whole foods plant based no oil lifestyle. I started out at age 58 as an obese, prediabetic, sedentary, depressed couch potato with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, exercise induced asthma, kidney issues and obstructive sleep apnea. In less than a year those problems vanished and my doctor took me off my medications. By 18 months I had lost 100 lbs without increasing my activity. When I was challenged at age 60 by one of my nieces to join her for a 5K race I found that I liked running for the 1st time in my life and that I was good at it! Another 10 lbs vanished with the running and my weight became stable at 174 lbs. Total weight loss was 110 lbs. Now at the end of my 4th year my weight remains stable, I eat enormous amounts of food, feel great, don't need medications and have tons more energy than ever before. As a bonus, my chances of developing Diabetes or of having a heart attack have been reversed!
     Heart disease is the number 1 killer of people in the United States and the numbers are growing. All of the blood pressure pills and statin drugs out there haven't changed that fact. So even if this whole foods plant based no oil diet didn't make me lose weight and keep it off, reverse prediabetes, eliminate the sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, asthma and kidney issues wasn't it worth doing just to save me from suffering a heart attack? There aren't any pills out there that can replace a healthy diet and there aren't any other diets out there that can do all the things for you that this one can.
     Get over to the produce section and you won't have to spend time in the pharmacy department. It doesn't matter how old you are. Anyone can choose to do this for themself. It makes a GREAT New Year's resolution. Make changes in your food choices now to look and feel better next week, next month and for the rest of your life!
For a FREE 21 day kickstart plan that starts on the 1st of the month go to Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine. Make that 1st choice. Nobody can do it for you!

NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your messages are appreciated!